Saturday, September 24, 2011

Crying Over My Sick Dog :(

Pichie was eating a lot of food and drinking a lot of water! I was so happy she had her appetite back at last! Then I suddenly heard my youngest sister shouting that Pichie is pooping blood. I suddenly woke up and realized I was all dreaming. :( I was so worried seeing blood on her poop, as in it was all blood and it smells literally fishy. This is the third day she was not eating any food nor drinking water. She got so thin that makes me even sadder I could cry. She looks so weak and it kills me. It's already lunch time when I am forcing her to eat but as usual she refuses any food. :( I know she really is feeling bad. If only she could talk so I can understand her more. When she excreted another bloody poop, I immediately called my brother to ask if his classmates happen to know a Veterinary clinic where I can bring Pichie for a check up. 

I quickly prepared myself up to bring Pichie to the Vet clinic. As usual I took a public transportation and I'm so worried she will vomit and excrete bloody poop anytime along the way. :( Luckily we have reached the vet clinic after about 40 minutes without any poop and she did not barf up because obviously she did not eat anything for 3 days!

Now I left her to the clinic and she will be staying there for 3days. I will visit her tomorrow to know if there's any development or worse occurrence. I do really hope she will be fine. I was crying as I go out from the clinic without her. It was like breaking my heart leaving her there. But I know she will be better soon.

The Vet said she might be suffering from Parvo. It can be deadly he said. I hope not, fingers crossed... 

Parvovirus is a viral disease of dogs. It affects puppies much more frequently than it affects adult dogs. The virus likes to grow in rapidly dividing cells. The intestinal lining has the biggest concentration of rapidly dividing cells in a puppy's body. The virus attacks and kills these cells, causing diarrhea (often bloody), depression and suppression of white blood cells -- which come from another group of rapidly dividing cells. In very young puppies it can infect the heart muscle and lead to "sudden" death.
-- http://workingdogs.com/parvofaq.htm

I really wish I can talk to animals so I know what she wants and what she feels. I just know she is enduring the pain. I have a phobia with dogs before, but my fear has gone away as soon as they came in. We have 1 more male dog named Champie, he's strong and playful while Pichie is quiet and sweet. She Keeps licking my feet as soon as I set them down on the floor when I wake up every morning.

Animals are created by God as important as humans are. So I did not have second thoughts to bring her to the vet even if I'm having some financial difficulties. I can't take it just watching her dying in pain just because I don't have enough money and not do anything. I don't want to put her in misery so I have to come up with money no matter what. Please include her in to your prayers please please. I'm praying every minute for her because I don't want to lose her. 





Much love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be glad to read some comments from you :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...